MAPTO offers a range of support and services to the tourism industry of the Peel Region.
As a regional organisation, MAPTO seeks to extend its reach and influence beyond a single municipality to deliver outcomes throughout a geographic area, covering the Shires of Boddington, Murray, Serpentine/Jarrahdale, Waroona and the City of Mandurah.
These five local government authorities come together as the Peel Region of WA.
To deliver on tourism growth in Peel, we…
- Guide the direction of the Peel region’s destination marketing to deliver growth of businesses for the region.
- Deliver effective targeted destination marketing strategies that build awareness, converts it to demand and then captures such demand.
- Assist tourism operators with the development of products to enhance their offerings.
- Support business owners with their application for licences & permits by endorsing their enterprise (subject to preliminary assessment by MAPTO)
- Identify and develop opportunities within the tourism marketplace that can help improve the visitor experience within the destination, with the clear objective of growing tourism across the region.
- Identify opportunities for businesses to collaborate.
- Secure funding for major destination development projects and events.
- Liaise with regional tourism authorities and state bodies on behalf of tourism operators.