Mandurah and Peel Tourism Organisation Inc. T/A MAPTO is an independent local tourism organisation covering the Peel Region of Western Australia. MAPTO has been established to increase the level of tourism visitation and expenditure throughout the region.
This website aims to help achieve this by providing corporate and business information and resources to Peel’s tourism industry and related tourism industry stakeholders. Consumers wanting to research and plan their holiday in the Peel Region should visit the official website for travel and tourism in Mandurah and Peel: www.visitpeel.com.au.
Recognising the importance of tourism throughout Peel, MAPTO is focused on delivering a well-managed and accessible program of tourism marketing and on providing a professional level of destination development, including the development of key infrastructure assets, destination planning and advice on effective policy outcomes. The ability to work across these two key areas will open up important opportunities to target the growth of tourism in a sustainable and well thought out fashion. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders is fundamental to our success.
And by growing these businesses, opening up opportunities in key markets, MAPTO will reinforce the value of tourism, both as a platform of the regional economy and as an industry that enhances community and social values.
MAPTO is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation which is governed by an independent, cross-functional board with representatives from across the region who bring a combination of experience and direction to the new organisation.
MAPTO is funded by the local government, grants and sponsorships.
MAPTO’s goals are to:
- Increase the level of tourism visitation and expenditure throughout the region.
- Ensure that the unified brand position is being embraced by all tourism stakeholders in their marketing and promotion.
- Deliver a well-managed and accessible program of tourism marketing, both independently and in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Provide a professional level of destination development, including the development of key infrastructure assets, destination planning and advice on effective policy outcomes
- Provide leadership and support for tourism businesses throughout the region.
- Engage the community to improve the awareness and the level of community support towards the social, cultural, environmental and economic benefits of tourism throughout the region.